Tuesday, March 31, 2009
The Brigadeiro Award
and, The Neno's Award
This award aims:
* as a dedication for those who love blogging and love to encourage friendships through blogging;
* to seek the reasons why we all love blogging;
* put the award in one post as soon as you receive it;
* don't forget to mention the person who gives you the award;
* answer the award’s question by writing the reason why you love blogging;
* tag and distribute the award to as many people as you like;
* don't forget to notify the award receivers and put their links in your post.
" I love blogging because I get the chance to share whatever that it is in my thoughts and heart. I get to meet new people and eventually become friends with them. I also get the chance to learn through their blogs, be it factual or experiential."
I'm giving these awards to Lem, Jeff and Jen who inspired me to go blogging and to Earthlingorgeous and Wenny who I hope will be my blogging friends soon :)
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
I'm more for open pair of shoes... it's more relaxing on my foot. I'm also on the practical side in buying shoes or any footwear for that matter. Of course I go for the more reasonably priced pair. Over-priced footwear especially flip flops can't be found in my list of 'things to buy'. Although, I have to admit, I really want to own a pair of a famous brand of flip flops, I just can't get over it's price!
Until two weeks ago, I got a gift certificate for free from Ipanema! (another brand of footwear mostly sandals and slippers). I was fortunate enough to attend the launch of their new line of footwear the Ipanema GB seed collection. The launch was for its support to Haribon Foundation's ROAD to 2020 project. In which part of the sale of each pair of the GB seed collection will be for the benefit of the said project.
The gift certificate allowed me to get a pair of Ipanema flip flop of my choice. Yahoo!
Incidentally, ELRO Corporation, the distributor of Ipanema had an event last Saturday entitled "Walk the Green Mile", a walkathon event that would kick off their support to Haribon's reforestation (rainforestation) project. To make the event more fun and exciting, the organizers gave 50 free pairs of the GB seed collection. Since we came in early and was one of the first to register, me and my 2 nieces were able to get a free pair and since I already got one, I gave my stub to my mom who was with us during the event.
We are really thankful to Ipanema and ELRO for giving us the chance to experience the comfort of a quite expensive pair of slippers!
Likewise, cheers to Ipanema and ELRO for the support they give to different beneficiaries, for this year Haribon Foundation and its advocacy of conservation and protection of the remaining natural Philippine forest!
This pair I got for my mom :)
When the message got into me, it took me a few minutes to think about it. I really felt sad! We tried our best to restore Kotse car (a Toyota Coron Silver Ed). Little by little, whenever budget is not so tight, we add some improvements to the car. He was really a work in progress and we still have more plans for him.
Last year, we started experiencing the effects of the global financial crisis, we have been thinking of letting go of Kotse car...:(
My husband had posted ads in the internet and lately we have been receiving queries on the price and the condition of the car...It has been sinking into us, the idea of selling Kotse car in now getting into reality.
This is one of the things that I really don't like...letting go of people and things that are special to me. It may appear to be too materialistic but the memories we had with Kotse car...he is really part of our life. It makes me more sad because our son won't even remember Kotse car. Even close friends feel sad about the idea of giving up the car.
How I really wish that things would turn around and life would be more easy for us so we won't let go of Kotse car...
Monday, March 23, 2009
I've noticed my son's habit of playing with his waving both his feet before going to sleep or upon waking up. I really can't attribute this to genetics or I'm just underestimating my son's ability of observing us, thus imitating what we do be it consciously or unconsciously.
The waving of feet is one of my husband's mannerism, particularly upon waking up. I've noticed my son, more than twice already, doing the same thing with his feet whenever he drinks his milk before going to sleep.
...an observation which I find amazing!
Thursday, March 19, 2009
ELRO Corporation thru Ipanema particularly the GB (Gisele Bündchen) seed collection is supporting Haribon's movement of bringing back 1Million hectares of rainforest by the year 2020...
Walk the Green Mile will be on March 21, 2009 - Saturday at the parking lot near Le Souffle', Serendra, Bonifacio Global City. Registration opens at 3 pm and the walkathon will start at 5 pm. By the way registration is free :) so hope to see you there!
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
1. My real name is Yasmin, my nickname (since birth) is Girlie but most of my friends call me Hahai :)
2. I'm hooked to Hello Kitty items - from wallet, to t-shirts, to soap case...
3. I'm do cross-stitching, I've been doing this since 1992 and was able to sell quite a number of finished designs
4. Like my husband, I too, love nature! I love to see the greens of the fields and the blue body of water....wonderful colors of nature!
5. I'm into collecting ref magnets - it started with a give away in a wedding I attended some years ago.
6. I have a hand for krafts - aside from cross stitching, I've tried candle making, sewing, crocheting. Latety, I've been thinking of getting into soap making and basket weaving.
7. I'm afraid of snakes
8. I don't know how to swim, though I tried snorkeling a few times - haven't conquered the fear yet
9. I'm a foot fetish!
10. I love eating but not cooking
11. I'm a shoe and bag addict
12. I like reading - though not much lately because lack of time
13. I enjoy re-arranging the house
14. I'm into sports - volleyball, badminton, tried table-tennis, wall climbing, biking
15. I started collecting restaurant tissue - an inexpensive hobby :)
16. a pasta lover - one reason I guess why me and my husband clicked
17. I love spicy dishes - can't do without spicy side dish every meal
18. Don't like milk - lacto intolerant
19. Love dancing
20. Love animals, dogs especially but don't have a pet right now
21. I have high threshold for pain - didn't feel any pain while giving birth
22. a Sta Claus believer! (still...)
23. Love to travel - though not yet in other countries...I wanted to explore my country first
24. Favorite fruit - Durian!
25. Favorite vegetable - bitter gourd :)
Now I'm forwarding this to Jen and Eartlingorgeous...hope we'll get to know each other better through this :)
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
here's my bag...Nine West, the one that I've been using for months now. I don't really know how much this costs, this was given to me by my brother on his first year working abroad...he gave my other sister a bag as well. I love this bag, obviously, it looks worn out but I still don't have the intention to replace it...It's the bag that fits my lifestyle the most!
what's inside? A rosary, my Hello Kitty wallet, Hello Kitty coin purse, Hello Kitty card holder (obviously I like Hello Kitty items a lot!), a red purse that secures my cellphones (I've got 4: #1 my personal cellphone, #2 a cellphone issued to me by my employer, #'s 3 & 4 are cellphones I use for selling load...globe and smart :D), a make-up/kikay kit that contains toiletries and my almost-10-year-old hair doctor comb (which I'm really proud of!), vs body spray which I normally alternate with a BnB body spray, Belle de Jour Power planner, my husband's iPod, a ballpen which I got free from an orientation/seminar I attended just recently, a purse that contains keys...office and car, my eyeglasses and a hanky. Good thing I don't have any toys of my son which he sometimes put in without my knowledge :)
That's it! These are all the items I have in my bag...I'm passing this tag to Jen and Earthlingorgeous to see what's in there bags as well...
almost forgot the rules:
1. Post a picture of whatever bag you are carrying as of late. No, you can't go into your closet and pull out your favorite purse! We want to know what you carried today or the last time you left the house.
2. List how much it cost. And this is not to judge. This is for entertainment purposes only. So spill it. And if there is a story to go along with how you obtained it, we'd love to hear it.
3. Tag some chicks. And link back to this post so people know why the heck you're showing everyone your bag.
Happy Bag tagging!
Thursday, March 5, 2009
just this day, my father's killer (gunman) was also shot by a policeman in our province. I guess the message came from a close relative in the province, who religiously update us of my father's case...the killer, as I received the message was in the hospital but was being secured by local police. As I required more info, this man has a price on his head for killing so many people even before he killed my father's.
whew...I'm getting mixed emotions here...happy that my father's death will hopefully be given justice...
hopeful, that the killer won't die while being treated in the hospital so that we can extract from him who paid him to kill my father...still hoping that true justice will be given to my father's case...
quite afraid...we might be the next target,as we received this kind of news a few months after my father's death that's why we can't go to the province to really attend to the case...
vengeful...I have an image in mind...that I'm talking face to face with my father's killer.
we need closure, my mom needs closure, I need closure! I wanna ask him why he did this to my father, to us...we have some people in mind, whoever the culprit is, I wanna ask him the big WHY!
thankful...that my prayers are now being answered...the Lord really works mysteriously and according to his pace and time.