Here are 5 food stuff to keep in mind in maintaining a healthy diet and a leaner you:
1. Leafy greens - Medical experts call them one of nature's miracle foods. Leafy greens like our local kangkong and kamote tops, are high in nutrients like folate and vitamins A and C that can lower your risk of cancer. Just one cup of any dark greens a day could also prevent diabeter and high blood pressure.
2. Nuts - almond, walnuts and cashew are highly recommended because they're high in natural fiber which slows your digestive process, keeping hunger and unhealthy mid-afternoon snacks at bay.
3. Onions - scientific studies shows that regular intake of onions reduce symptoms of asthma and the risk of developing stomach cancer. The stronger the onion, the greater the health benefit.
4. Whole grain - Flattens your belly by reducing fat storage in your lower abdomenal region.
5. Yogurt - Improve digestion. Pick the one rich in vitamin D to prevent osteoporosis.