Monday, July 12, 2010

Lotto Winners

Do you play Lotto? I do, but not everyday. One reason is, I don't want to get hooked on it. Playing the game regularly becomes an addiction. Second, it a form of gambling, which again can lead to being a vice. Third, my husband doesn't really approve of it as a source of good fortune, his stand, as mentioned, is that the game of lotto is a form of gambling.

Anyway, gambling or not, there are plenty of people who are into playing lotto. In the area where I reside and work, there are at least 4 lotto outlets and there is always a long queue in every outlet, specially also when the winning pot is like more than a hundred MILLION! With the hardships of life nowadays, sometimes people rely on luck to give them a good or b
etter life.

The big question though lies in whether or not there is really a real winner. There is as being announced by the management of the lottery game but I haven't heard of someone who came out to at least attest to knowing somebody who won the game. There are winners of the consolation prizes, this I can honestly say because I've won like a few hundreds twice and two co-workers of mine also won some few thousands. Although I understand that winning millions of money can raise a question of security. However, it is also a matter of showing patrons of the game that there is hope in what they put their money on.









No comments: