Monday, September 27, 2010

Mother's Day 2010 (Mommy and Me Monday #7 )

This year's Mother's Day is a bit special to me since it came a month after giving birth to Maia. Leon and Maia are fulfillment of our plans, both of us wanted to have only two children regardless of whether both will be boys or girls. Leon and Maia are more than what we've asked for...great blessings from the One up there.

Instead of the usual eat-out which is common here in the Philippines, my husband and I decided to have a picnic, but since it was an impromptu plan, going to parks during this occasion might not be a good idea. M, while driving, thought of going to a place with a pool so that Leon and the nannies can dip in and get refreshed from the summer's heat.

Upon realizing the idea of swimming, Leon got even more excited. When we reached the place, Leon couldn't control himself, he's really a water person! It was fun watching him swimming, (although he doesn't really know how to) while I was cuddling Maia in my arms.


After lunch we decided to stroll in one of the malls in Quezon City before heading for the 4:00 pm mass.A heartwarming experience ---- quality time with my family --- it doesn't have to be an expensive one. I didn't thought I would be this happy and contented in my life...love it!

Mommy and Me Monday at Really, Are You Serious?
Hosted by Krystyn at Really, Are You Serious?

3 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

What a nice way to spend the day.

Mel_Cole said...

Glad to hear you're happy and contented sis. :)

hahai.ponce said...

@Krystyn: we're looking more into spending time with family this way than the usual malling that's quite a phenomenon in the Philippines

@Mel: thanks, truly happy, can't ask for more :)